Upgrade Roadmap for CE 220.127.116.11 from 1.7
- Take a backup of current database and current 1.7 code. place maintenance.flag file inside 1.7 code folder to put website offline.
- Download latest magento from the http://www.magentocommerce.com/download
- Remove all folders and files from your 1.7 code except
maintenance.flag (but you should have backup somewhere) and place all folders and files from the 1.9.
- Now from your 1.7 merge your following custom folders into the 1.9
- your theme or package (
app/design/frontend/default/<your theme> or
- custom folders from Skin (both for adminhtml and frontend).
- copy your custom xml files from
app/etc/modules/ to current
- any custom admin theme folder from
- copy your custom folders from
adminhtml/default/default/ (1.7) to adminhtml/default/default/ (1.9).
- custom js files if any from
- Now go to
app/etc/local.xml.Edit database details their.put your database username and password and database name.
maintenance.flag file and check the site in the browser. it is done.